Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Granola




Does anybody else find post-it notes to be one of the best inventions ever? Yes, it's something so simple...sticky little pieces of paper...but I use them ALL the time...

I wish I had thought of those...

I wish I had thought of many things actually...like Facebook, or groupon...or peanut butter. I swear I cannot get enough peanut butter. As a kid I would sit in front of the boob tube watching "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" marathons while spooning an entire jar of Jiff in my face.

Crunchy or creamy? Creamy for sure...More peanut butter or jelly? Peanut butter...duh! Should peanut butter and banana's get married? YES!

I already posted one of my favorite breakfasts that I eat nearly every morning...my peanut butter banana oatmeal...this stuff is what gets me out of bed...I was inspired to make a granola with the same flavors. Its delicious, and healthy and has lots of protein...woot woot!

I have noticed that along with post-it notes I use a lot of "dot dot dots" you know...those?

Peanut Butter Banana Granola
Dame Good

Ingredients:

1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
5 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons canola oil
pinch of salt

Directions:

Heat oven to 350F

Heat peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Stir, then microwave again for 20 more seconds to melt the peanut butter, making it easier to stir. Mash  banana with a fork. Combine peanut butter, banana, vanilla, honey and oil in a medium bowl and mix well.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, peanuts, brown sugar and salt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.

Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Divide the granola in 2 and spread evenly on the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the trays, stir and rotate and bake again for an additional 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, turn the oven off and remove the trays again and stir the granola, breaking up the chunks. After 5 minutes put the trays back in the oven (that should be turned off) to allow the granola to sit in the oven and finish baking for 15 more minutes.

After 15 minutes remove the trays and allow granola to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Holly said...

This sounds waaay too good!!! I would love to throw this on top of my vanilla yogurt:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...