Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal








I have an obsession.

This isn't any old obsession. Like the kind where you have Justin Bieber posters plastered all over your walls or the kind that forces to to stay up till 4:00 AM still trying to focus your dry heavy eyes on the television because you can't go to bed without knowing whether or not Big shows up in Paris to whisk away Carrie from the stupid Russian...

Those obsessions may not be healthy but at least they don't break the seams of your jeans. The same jeans that you have convinced yourself still fit, because buttoning the top button is only an option...totally not necessary. Why do they even make that button anyway when you're going to unbutton them halfway through each meal anyway? I mean seriously?

So there's a glimpse of the thought process I go through when trying to convince myself that my new obsession is totally okay...that driving 20 minutes through downtown Columbus in a downpour, on a whim, in my fuzzy slippers and having not brushed my hair in 36 hours is socially acceptable.

Obsessions make me do crazy things...I am actually afraid of what I would do if Coldstone couldn't give me my "All Lovin No Oven" ice cream...oh how the thought makes me shudder. Nightmare, absolute nightmare.

If you're a chronic bowl licker such as myself, then you two would enjoy this ice cream more than any person should enjoy consuming anything...except maybe a margarita...maybe.

Check it, this is cake batter ice cream (I got the sinless, because that made me feel a little better about plowing through a gallon of it) with cookie dough, fudge and whipped cream. Shawn said he could only eat a scoop of it...

I think he needs a straight jacket...but that's just me.

I will forever love the "Birthday Cake Remix" but I have a new favorite. But I am still mourning over all of the tragically lost years that I was without "All Lovin No Oven" *sigh*

This here oatmeal is one of my staple breakfast options. I eat this on days I know I will be at work for a long time or will be needing energy for an intense exam or something. It keeps me full for hours and tastes way more sinful than it really is. It is actually a pretty well-balanced and healthy choice for breakfast.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Dame Good

This is 1 serving

Ingredients:

1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
1 small ripe banana, sliced
1-2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon wheat germ
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions:

Combine all of the ingredients in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for about a minute. Stir then microwave again for about 30 seconds. Cooking time varies depending on microwave so just keep your eye on it. You don't want it runny but you don't want it too thick either.

Yep, It's that easy.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Mmm I love pb in my oatmeal...its so yummy and filling!! I've never done it in the microwave before, so definitely going to give that a shot to save some time!

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

Its the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...