Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Breakfast Muffin Cups


Yesterday was my baby's 2nd birthday!

Don't get it twisted...my "baby" is a 21 pound Pug.

I can't get over how quickly they grow up! It seems like just yesterday that I could hold him in the palm of my hand :(

See? He really IS a baby!

I felt kind of bad because I had absolutely no free time to bake him any special treats or anything so I resorted to giving him an abundance of treats...not the best idea with pugs but hey, birthdays only happen once a year right?!



LOTS of treats...



Something that I find to be a wonderful "treat" is a hearty, wholesome breakfast. The kind that makes you actually WANT to get out of bed in the morning.

I don't know about anyone else but I generally shout out a bunch of profanity (in my head usually) when I hear my alarm go off. It can be 6:00 AM or 11:00 AM, it doesn't matter. BUT. Yes, there's a but. BUT if I know there is a good breakfast to be had...the profanity decreases significantly.


This recipe is something I came across on Pinterest...been saying that a lot lately, about EVERYTHING. I made these for that man of mine and I for one of our usual Monday morning breakfasts and we both gave them two thumbs up.

I like them because they're versatile and you can put pretty much whatever you want in them. We made different kinds. Some had mushrooms, some had peppers. It was a nice variety and they were easy to whip together. We could enjoy our coffee and "The Price is Right" as they baked in the oven.

Good morning to us.


Breakfast Muffin Cups
Adapted from Littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

1 24 oz. bag of shredded hash browns
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
Turkey bacon bits or 8=10 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
Eggs
Extra shredded cheddar

Directions:

Take your bag of hash browns and mix in the salt, pepper, onion, oil and 1/3 cup shredded cheese. Divide amongst the cups in your muffin tin, making sure to grease tin beforehand.Bake hash browns at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until toasty.

Once they're finished, take them out and lower the temp of the oven to 350 degrees.
Crack an egg into each of the cups.

Top with bacon and a sprinkle of extra cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes (or until the eggs are as firm as you like them).
Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan when cooled.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...