Saturday, May 22, 2010

Low Fat No-Bake Cookies









I met a large majority of my boyfriends family last sunday. As I've said many times food and baking is kind of my "thank-you". I wanted to make them something but not go overboard. I remember when Shawn and I first started dating he told me he had never had a no-bake cookie. I was flabbergasted. Growing up (and still today) no bake cookies were one of my favorite things and fondest memories.

I decided to make them no-bake cookies and wanted to try out this new recipe I found from recipes.sparkpeople.com. I'm not sure how legit the calorie count they put on there is because whoever posted it suggested to use a reduced fat peanut butter. I may be wrong but I had always heard that reduced fat peanut butter isn't better for you because the fat in peanut butter is a good fat. I tend to buy a reduced sugar peanut butter, so that's what I used. Unfortunately, these cookies didn't set in time for me to bring them to Shawn's family to thank them for having me, so I had to guy empty-handed, which I hate! I plate of food is kind of like a protector for me, haha! Anyways, heres the recipe, they were yummy, but I might like my families basic no-bake recipe (posted with my No-Bake Cupcakes).


Low Fat No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients:

Makes 48 servings

1/2 cup Cracker Crumbs, graham, plain
3 cup Oats, rolled, old fashioned
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

In medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and oatmeal; set aside. In a large saucepan stir in the sugar, cocoa, milk, and margarine over medium heat until it is dissolved.

Bring the mix to a boil for two minutes-this is important. Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until it is well mixed. Blend in the oatmeal mixture-quickly. Beat by hand until it is thickened (only a few minutes), if necessary.

By teaspoon, drop onto waxed paper. Refrigerate or store in another cool place until firm.

Number of Servings: 48



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Taylor said...

I love no-bake cookies! I've never seen them with graham crackers in them before... I feel the same way about showing up places empty-handed...I hate it!

Cecily Priscilla Wetter said...

Aww, my mom used to make no bake cookies like this when i was a kid! My sister and i always loved helping her mix them up...and eating the cookie mixture before it was even set lol. I now have the urge to make these cookies tomorrow just to reminisce! haha. And i'm the same way when i go to someones house, i have to bake something for them...my mom and aunt always taught me that one should never show up at someones house empty handed lol. By the way, i just want to tell you that i absolutely adore your blog! It's lovely! High fives for baking freaks! lol :)


~Cecily

chelsea marie said...

my first no bake cookie was made by your mom, i remember we would explore the woods/creek behind your house and the cookies would be in your kitchen when we got back.

Stephanie said...

i never knew no-bake cookies existed until about 2 years ago. shame on me.

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

thanks for all the comments...no-bake cookies are the BEST!

Unknown said...

Hi I'm 13 and I love to. Cook every Saturday . My mom and me love these cookies. So I came across this receipe and tried it it's so good thank you for posting it on your site . Now I can bake these cookies always. Thx so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...