Sunday, June 19, 2011

Herbed Cheesy Polenta




It's official...I have the worst luck with technology. I actually think I repel properly functioning technology.

Earlier this week actually, my touchscreen phone stopped responding to touch. There were dead spots all over and it was causing me intense grief. It actually decided just for the hell of it to delete all of my contacts...great! I decided to order a new digitizer and install it myself. You can probably assume where this is gong to go...

Much to my surprise my new screen arrived 2 days later...alas! I can access the outside world! I was a nervous wreck when I was taking apart my phone but I somehow managed. I removed the crappy screen and when I had just attached my new screen with super glue....but when I tried to remove my hand, it was stuck...

Are you kidding me?!

I had managed to get super glue all over the brand new shiny screen. The screen still worked but the glue bothered me so much that I tried to clean it and scrape it off. While scraping (I am so dumb) I scratched the screen. This caused it not to work at all...in fact it was even worse than the first screen...

I was again forced to order yet another screen. Thankfully this one came again very quickly. I was a nervous wreck installing this one, trying to be super careful and slow with the super glue. I held my breath the entire time and was able to breath a sigh of relief when I removed my hands to find them and my screen glue-free!

YES!

I was screwing in the very last of the screws into the back of my phone when I heard a crack. "Oh no no no no no!" I flip my phone over and find that my LCD screen has cracked down the middle.

I give...

The only fix I have now is a glass of wine and dark chocolate.

In other news it is Father's day! My dad is hundreds of miles away and I miss him dearly. I know we will make up for the missed holiday over food and beer the next time I see him, so I have that to look forward to. I miss you and your mullet and even your fanny pack dad! :)

Herbed Cheesy Polenta
From foodnetwork.com

Ingredients:

6 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup whole milk
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Bring the water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, milk, butter, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and pepper, and stir until the butter and cheese melt. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...