Sunday, July 3, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal


Does anyone else unconsciously panic and reach for the remote whenever you hear Sarah Mclachlan come from the tv?

I can't handle the crying puppies and shaking kittens.

I'm the type of person who cried during the "Lion King" and was totally moved after I watched "Homeward Bound". I can handle when people get shot in movies (though I wouldn't say I find it pleasant) but if a puppy even so much as looks sad, I lose it.

Those animal rights commercials are torture.

That was my side note for the day.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. The 4th of July always reminds me of the summers I would spend in Minnesota with my family lighting off fireworks and having water balloon fights. There was always a cook-out going on with endless amounts of barbeque goodness.

Good times...

This recipe has no relation to the 4th of July whatsoever. I don't really have a good recipe that I've made recently that really fits so this will have to do.

Whenever I am out of bananas, and I want my peanut butter oatmeal, I throw some jelly in the mix. Strawberry jelly to be exact. Yep, that's how I roll...strawberry jelly all the way my friends.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal
Dame Good

Ingredients:

1/2 cup rolled oats (quick-cooking)
1/4 teaspoon splenda with fiber
1 teaspoon wheat germ
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar-free jelly
2 tablespoons chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

Combine the oats, splenda, wheat germ, milk, water, peanut butter and nuts (optional) in a microwave-safe bowl.

Stir and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir again. Microwave again for an additional 30 seconds-1 minute (until it reaches desired consistency). Remove and stir in jelly. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Wow, that sounds yummy!

Tina @flourtrader said...

Nothing like some extra flavor in the oatmeal-better than a PB & J sandwich. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

PB&J oatmeal - that sounds like childhood in a bowl! Love it! ~Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...