Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday Cake Blondies


Something happened to me today...

I guess you could call it an out of body experience.

Sure, we'll call it that.

The little kid inside of me (yep, she's still kickin) hijacked my grocery store pit stop today. My intention was to get milk.

That is all.

But within inches of the milk was frozen breakfast food. I don't buy a lot of frozen food, but like I said, out of body experience people.

They had french toast sticks! I was instantly brought back to elementary school. French toast stick day was the best.

And I have a confession. It's weird. I am well aware. But I would alternate dipping my french toast sticks in ketchup and syrup. It's gross I know. But it's kind of like dipping your Wendy's fries in your chocolate frosty. I know it's wrong...but I don't wanna be right.

You know what else they had? Confetti waffles. Yes. This isn't a joke. I am obsessed with anything that has sprinkles in it. I would probably eat mashed potatoes with sprinkles in it...

Well maybe not...but still.

I know sprinkles dont actually change the taste or anything but somehow my mind tricks me into thinking it does. Nothin beats funfetti cake. Nothing.

They had confetti pancakes too. Yep, my freezer is now packed. The best thing about all this though? Most of it wasn't packed with sugar like many of the breakfast foods are. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the waffles were low in fat and sugar.

Happy happy me!

I feel the need to prove that these fabulous finds are not a product of my imagination.
See? I don't lie...except about the mashed potatoes...that was kind of a lie.

Now check out these blondies. I have seen a couple recipes out in the blog world for these gems but I wanted to make my own. I borrowed a simple blondie recipe and tweaked it to come up with these. If you are like me and you can't stop yourself when something is good then put on your stretchy pants...

I was literally at the counter with a fork and shoveling the piping hot brownies into my gluttunous (there is no spell check on this thing) mouth.


I made these for my aunts birthday...because she's a member of the blonde trio (my mom and two aunts) and because you can't have a birthday without sprinkles.

Have I mentioned I really love sprinkles?

Well, now you know.


Birthday Cake Blondies
Dame Good

Ingredients:

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup boxed yellow cake mix (dry)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup sprinkles (rainbow jimmies)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

Combine the flour, cake mix, baking powder and salt.

Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add the sugar and mix well. Cool slightly.

Add egg and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.

Add chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix until combined.

Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...