Sunday, June 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Reuben Dip




I consider myself a hard worker. So sometimes I surprise myself.

Like the other day, I was a little taken aback with myself when I got extremely annoyed that I had to park down the street from my gym and walk a few extra minutes....to the gym. That's crazy talk.

Just now I restarted the dryer for the third time because I don't feel like folding my laundry. Let's face it, I probably wont feel like folding it at all today and will have had the dryer running for the entire day. Again, crazy talk.

Sometimes laziness just creeps up on me I suppose.

Crock pots are good for laziness. You just throw everything in the pot and wait...

Easy peasy.

Also, I was feeling too lazy to take a decent picture but reuben dip isn't very pretty anyway.


Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
1 (8 ounce) package neaufchatel cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups shredded cooked lean corned beef
1/4 cup fat-free thousand island dressing

Directions:

In a slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, corned beef and thousand island dressing. Cover, and cook on high for 45 minutes if you're in a hurry, low for longer if you're not, or just until hot and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally while cooking. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...