Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Turkey Sausage Pancakes


I am a huge fan of sweet and salty.

When I go to the movies, I like to get a popcorn and pour an entire bag of peanut m&ms in it and shovel the salty sweet stickyness into my big mouth while watching the movie.


I'm also that weird person who dips their Wendy's french fries in my chocolate frosty. It's so good its gross.

Makes sense yeah?


This is a crazy recipe I came up with that you will either love or you will hate. If you are strange like me and enjoy dipping your french fries into ice cream then try it. If not, maybe you should avoid this one.

I like it. It reminded me of a McGriddle. That's another one of my sweet and salty guilty pleasures.

Mmm...McGriddles...


Turkey Sausage Pancakes
Dame Good

Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup skim milk, plus more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
1/2 cup turkey sausage crumbles

Directions:

Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add sausage, and stir to incorporate.

Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.

Serve with sugar free syrup. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...