Wednesday, May 30, 2012

S'mores Oatmeal



I have been sucked into yet another predictable season of 'The Bachelorette"...I know it's wrong, but I just don't wanna be right!

I know every season is the same. There's the smooth talker whose too good to be true, and the weirdo who comes on with a weird prop or persona and the guy with the heart-wrenching story...it always ends the same with two strangers professing their undying love for each other and spout out empty promises about it lasting forever...when really I think only one season out of the 700 has lasted...and who knows how happy they are?

I know these things. I know it is cheesy and the dates are too out-of-this-world to be even somewhat realistic but man I love some cheese.

I can't help but get excited to sit down on the couch with some sinful dessert and a cup of tea and my coziest sweats and dive in.

I guess we'll call it a guilty pleasure.


We all know I have plenty of those. Ahem, shoes, chocolate, cheesecake, trashy tv, chocolate, my iPhone, chocolate, girly books...just to name a few.

I guess this oatmeal is a little bit guilty too. Just a TAD. Or more than a tad. Whatev, have some while you watch "The Bachelorette"...you get my approval.


S'mores Oatmeal
Dame Good

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 graham cracker sheet (2 squares), broken into pieces
1 packet of splenda

Directions:

In a microwave-safe bowl combine oats, vanilla, water, milk and splenda. Microwave on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes, or until thickened.

Stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. (Don't let it sit too long or the graham crackers will get soggy. Uncool) Enjoy!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...