Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Green Olive Chicken

I have the Real Housewives of Orange County on right now. There is a lot of squealing and shrieking.

I want it to stop but I can't look away.

Help.

Once, I saw a recipe on some random food site and was excited when I saw that it was olive chicken. I love olives...and I love chicken! But I was disappointed when I saw the reviews.

I think it had like 3 stars or something.

Meaning it is time to take matters into my own hands.

I threw this together. I found that I made a bit too much of the sauce and that it was just a little thin. I tried to counteract that with cornstarch and reduce the liquid content.

Hopefully this is better.

Green Olive Chicken
Dame Good

Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive juice (from jar)
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons cornstarch

Directions:

Season chicken with salt, pepper, dried mustard and celery salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; brown chicken in oil, about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.

Add wine, broth, olive and lemon juice to the skillet and let simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add onion, olives, Add garlic, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper (to taste) and mix well, Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken back into skillet.

Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Flip the chicken halfway through. Remove bay leaf. Remove chicken and set aside. Add cornstarch to the sauce in the skillet and stir until thickened. Pour the thickened sauce over chicken serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...