Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jalapeno Grilled Cheese


Its Sunday.

Sunday means football, being lazy,and eating whatever you want.

Sundays are my favorite.


Speaking of football...I have said it before and will say it again, I don't know much about it...yet, I love it. I don't know if its the culture, or the competition or the excuse to stuff your face with pizza, wings a beer...but I love it.


I was watching the Browns game today...cuddling on the couch with my little fatty and I drifted into a wonderful little nap. There is something about the sound of football on my tv that is so comforting to me.

Maybe it's because it reminds me of my dad...or Thanksgiving at my Grandpas house...or visiting my family up in Minnesota and falling asleep on the comfy couch watching the Vikings...I'm not sure.


Just as I have professed my love of football numerous times, I have done the same with jalapeno poppers. I frickin' love 'em. I even made up a dip once...and yes, it rocked...my...socks.

This "recipe/idea" here wasn't my idea (darnit) but rather an ex who was quite the genius. He made up this amazing grilled cheese that tastes like a popper but doesn't take all the time and effort to make a popper.

Yep, genius.


Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
Dame Good (kinda)

Ingredients:

makes 1 sandwich

2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 slices of fat-free american cheese
1/2 tablespoon chopped (jarred) jalapenos
cooking spray
fat-free ranch dressing

Directions:

Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.

Place one s'lice of bread in the skillet and layer one piece of cheese on top of that. On top of the cheese, spread out the jalapenos and then top that with the second piece of cheese. Finally, top that with the second piece of bread.

Allow to cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and allow the same amount of time for the other side.

Serve warm with ranch dressing.

2 comments:

GirlyGirlCooks said...

The only reason I enjoy football is because of the food! I plan my weekly meal around games so that I can make the naughty food on game days. Love it!

Karen | Divine Dinner Party said...

I don't understand football that much as well but I love it because it kinda' gives me an excuse to grab a beer and play around the kitchen to make some fun snacks! Love the photos here -- esp. the simple and cheesy recipe :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...