Sunday, September 18, 2011

Baked Potato Skins


I rented one of the most awful movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I made the mistake of thinking "Bradley Cooper? Yes please!"...don't let his good looks and charming smile fool you.


I made it through about 45 minutes of "Bending All the Rules" and only because I hated the thought of wasting $1.07 on this "movie".

Seriously, the acting was horrible...the jokes were dry and the budget of the movie was probably like $30.


I like "bad" movies that are so "bad" they're "good"...you know? But.this.was.just.bad.

Don't rent it.

Rent "Bridesmaids" or something. It comes out in 2 days and I am SO excited! It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in my life. Can't wait.

Something I love...junk food+movies. Potato skins tend to be considered junk food but this here recipe isn't so bad.

They're baked, and topped with reduced-fat toppings that still taste pretty darn good.


Baked Potato Skins
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

4 large baking potatoes, baked
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2/4 cup turkey bacon bits
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
4 green onions, sliced

Directions:

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use).

Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins. Bake at 475 degrees F for 7 minutes; turn. Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes more. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins.

Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...