Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ham Egg and Cheese Hashbrown Casserole


I am really a fan of breakfast casseroles. I've posted a couple already...some sweet, some savory, all awesome.


I love breakfast...I always wake up starving but sometimes I don't feel like dragging out the pots and pans...this is where the casserole comes in.


You can prepare everything the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. This is especially convenient if you have someone to cuddle and sip coffee with while it bakes :)


Ham Egg and Cheese Hashbrown Casserole
From Tasteofhome.com

Ingredients:

1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
8 eggs
2 cups milk
Dash paprika

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until smooth; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Love that you can prep this the night before....looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Love the Recipe but it is titled Ham,Egg Cheese Hashbrown Casserole, yet the recipe says Bacon? Was that a last minute change? I am sure both are great in the recipe. I also love a breakfast casserole. I have similar recipes that are even Low Carb on my website www.HotDishHomemaker.com Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...