Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles






A few posts back I was talking about what I wanted to be when I grew up as a kid...it got me thinking about how thse aspirations progressed throughout my life...

My dreams and aspirations after the multiple face plants were a bit more realistic. For a while I wanted to be a writer. I loved to write. I used to enter poetry contests and even made it to the finals in a "Power of the Pen" writing competition. I was set on writing a book one day but I could never get past the first paragraph. Patience...crap...should probably have some of that huh?

Well I still love writing but I am sad that I had somewhat lost that drive I had. This blog definitely brings me back to that place and helps me to find that drive again.

In High School I did theater. I fell in love. I loved everything about it. I loved the adrenaline rush that surged through my body everytime I hit the stage, the stage makeup, and the cast parties...oh the cast parties. This is where I met many of my best friends who I still consider my besties today. I'm too much of a homebody to be an actress. Nor am I one to sell my body and constantly be in the eye of public scrutiny...give up all the food I love? I don't think so.

In college I majored in Psychology and Communications quite sure I wanted to be a marriage and family counselor. Then I volunteered at the suicide hotline for a year. It was a very rewarding experience though it was tough...really tough. I soon realized it wasn't for me. For about a whole minute I thought I wanted to do PR...again, nope!

Then one magical day I took a sign language class and from then on I knew I found something I was actually passionate about (aside from cooking and eating). Being born hard of hearing I had always had an interest in deaf culture but it had never occured to me that I could be a part of it...

As a kid I would pretend I knew sign language to impress the other kids...whoops. Well a year from now I hope to be an ASL interpreter. I still have quite a ways to go and really need about 37929387 more hours worth of practice...but at least I know that I will love...absolutely love what I will be doing.

Wanna know something else I am absolutely in love with? Cookie dough...I have proclaimed this devotion to cookie dough at least 6 times but thats just how crazy in love I am. I stumbled across these cookie dough truffles and had drooled over them ever since until I finally had an excuse to make them. Thank God people have birthdays...or I would have a serious heart condition about now...

Cookie Dough Truffles
Adapted from Tasteofhome.com


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.

In a microwave bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off; Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

holy yum-o!! defintely trying these - what do you use for dark chocolate candy coating? is it like chocolate bark or is it something you buy? (Guam has a limited baking section...)

and good for you for being passionate about what you do. best of luck!

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

I just used dark chocolate chips :) works fine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...