Monday, May 21, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies


I laid by the pool this weekend. With fun people and a drink in hand...

I needed that.

I think I've been whining for months about wanting to escape to Mexico, or somewhere where the water is clear and the sand is white. I fantasize about getting away with that man of mine and having no worries for a few days.

Well, sitting by the pool is the closest thing I can get for now and I shall take it!
It was a reminder that I have been hibernating for weeks though. Someone offered me their sunblock and I politely obliged stating "I don't really burn unless I'm in the sun for a couple days in a row". I looked real dumb when my shoulders were bright red after sitting in the sun for 45 minutes.

I'll take that sunblock, thanks.

Whoops. Someone needs to stop hiding from the sun.
I think it was December when I bought those Hershey's Cinnamon Chips. I have spent the last few months just staring at them wondering what the heck I should do with them. Why did I buy them? 

Well, these blondies have been floating around the blog world for a while now and have been on my list. That man of mine loves cinnamony/snickerdoodley-like desserts so I thought I'd give em a try and add the cinnamon chips.

He loved 'em...what-d-ya know?




Snickerdoodle Blondies
Adapted from Food.com

Ingredients:

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cinnamon chips
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and set aside.

In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.

Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Add cinnamon chips and stir just until combined. Spread evenly in prepared pan (it helps to use a greased spatula). Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...