Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mushroom Quesedillas II




Mushroom quesedillas might be one of my new obsessions. I just can't get enough. I posted before a mushroom quesedilla that I made for an appetizer for one of Shawn and I's dinners. This here is one I made for lunch with stuff I happened to have on hand and it was so tasty I just had to share it.

Mushroom Quesedilla II

(what I did was I made a filling for the week that lasted about 3 days, so I will give the veggie ingredients for the filling and then everything else is per quesedilla...hope that makes sense)

Ingredients:

(pre-made filling)
2 small cans mushrooms and stems (i prefer fresh but this is what I had on hand and they weren't bad!)
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, chopped (take out the vein and seeds before you chop)
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder

(for each quesedilla)
1 multigrain tortilla
1 handful mexican blend shredded cheese
1 teaspoon dried cilantro or 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and jalepeno pepper for about 8 minutes. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Stir until combined. Remove filling to a plate. Using the same skillet, lay the tortilla flat and cover with cheese. Once the cheese begins to melt, put desired amount of filling in. Let it heat through just a bit before dusting with salt, pepper, and cilantro. Fold over half the tortilla over top the other half. Allow to heat through about 1 minute and a half on each side, or until golden.

Serve with sour cream

So yum...omigosh

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yum This looks so so so yummy!:)

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

thanks! I think I have satisfied my addiction for now...but come soon im going to want more again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...