Monday, March 19, 2012

Ham and Cheese Dip


I have a new obsession.

Instagram.

I know.

That man of mine teases me about my new compulsion to take pictures of any and everything. This was definitely the case on St. Patrick's Day.

What can I say? Beautiful weather makes me crazy happy.





I hope everyone else had a good holiday weekend as well!

I love when a recipe I create actually works out.

I'll admit it. This is not always the case.


In fact, last week I concocted what seemed to be a very promising peanut butter granola. Wrong! I burnt it so bad that it was beyond salvageable. Fail.

I discovered my love of food and creating it when I was around 5 and I was taking everything out of my mom's pantry and throwing it into a giant pot of boiling water and calling it soup.

Since that time I have had many fails, and some pleasant surprises. This dip concoction is one that is now a staple for me. Anytime I go to a potluck or some kind of holiday party, this is one of the ones I always like to whip up.


It's a crowd-pleaser and it's simple to whip together. It's my favorite around Christmastime...maybe because of it's festive colors :)


Ham and Cheese Dip
Dame Good

Ingredients:

16 ounces neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1 cup fat-free sour cream
9 oz lean thin-sliced ham, shredded
1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 oz dry ranch seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve chilled. (I prefer this dip with ritz crackers the best! :))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...