Monday, March 12, 2012

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake


I finished reading "The Huger Games" series.

I am conflicted.


You see, every time that I finish a book or series that I really get into I go through a roller coaster of emotions.

It starts with an excitement...like "Alas! I conquered you" But the feeling of accomplishment is immediately followed by a feeling of mourning and grief...like "Wow, I am really going to miss you."

I love to always have something to read but I generally need a 1-2 day grace period to get over the last book I read and my strange attachment to the characters...it's like losing friends.


There are worse things to have problems with am I right? Growing a little too attached to fictional characters is only cause for minor concern.

Right?

Up next? "Water for Elephants"...once I get over Katniss, Peeta and Gale that is...

Wish me luck.


Until then, the other companion I like to turn to, aside from the carefully crafted personalities I read about into the wee hours of the night, is food. Particularly food that has sugar, or carbs...or anything to make me feel guilty about eating it. Because that's what you need when you are grieving the loss of your new friendships...to feel guilt.

Like this cheesecake.

This would make a grand companion right about now.

Unfortunately, it did not last me that long.

These coconut M&M's will have to do.

(Don't mind the blur...one can only hold so still when they are excited to eat something)

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
From Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 cup reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...