Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip


Today is Oreo's 100th birthday!

I don't know how I know this. I am not cookie-crazy or anything.

Who am I kidding? If you saw my last post you know I have discovered the birthday cake Oreo's and had a major minor freak-out.


Regardless...Happy birthday Oreo! I may or may not (and by "may not" I mean "without a doubt") enjoy a couple birthday cake Oreo's and a glass of milk for dinner dessert tonight.


I have a very fond "Oreo memory" that I would like to share with you. When I was really young my family and I would go to Golden Corral like everyday or something like that. (I have since decided I am no longer aloud within 100 feet of the place as approximately 11 days ago I went with family and devoured 4 full plates and nearly popped the button of my jeans...) I concocted the same dessert at the end of every single visit. You see, Golden Corral had this ice cream station where they always had super-whipped and super-fluffy whipped cream as well as other standard ice cream fixings. One of those fixings I could never say no to was the crushed Oreos. I would plop a huge cloud of the whipped cream in the biggest bowl I could find and eagerly dump a heaping handful of crushes Oreo's over it and mix it up and devour it as if it were ice cream.

After weeks of doing this, eventually it was done for me as I was shocked to find "my concoction" already mixed together and ready for me at the ice cream station. I proudly declared that day that I was a dessert chef at Golden Corral and invented that very "dessert".

Right.


I wish I had some fun Cookies-n-Cream style recipe to post but the closest thing I got is cookie dough dip.

Like that is a bad thing.

Not that I am one of those people who worries about the raw egg in dough or batter...it is indeed my favorite part of baking...but for those of you who are, this dip is egg-free.

Yep, no salmonella for you.

Me? I'll risk it. Totally worth it.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Adapted from Willowbirdbaking.com

Ingredients:

1/2 cup light butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (a few people have found this to be too much; if you want, just add a pinch and increase to taste. I add the full 1/2 teaspoon and enjoy it!)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (again, you might want to add this a teaspoon at a time to taste. I add the full tablespoon and enjoy it!)
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
water

Directions:

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips. Add water one tablespoon at a time (stirring between each) until the dough reaches cookie dough consistency.

Serve with animal crackers, graham crackers or nilla wafers...Or whatever you shall choose...and dig in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...