Monday, August 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Bread


I did something fun last night.

The kind of fun that calls for heels and good perfume. Shawn and I had a date night...on a sunday...we're wild like that.


Last tuesday was his birthday. My old man turned 25. We both love comedy and enjoy the raunchy and dirty humor that is of Daniel Tosh on Tosh.0.

Thankfully I discovered he was coming to Columbus so I eagerly snatched up a couple tickets and surprised him with it while we were watching Tosh.0.

It was hiiiiilarious.

I love to laugh. After eating, laughing might be my favorite thing. Lucky for me I have my own personal little clown.


Of course the half bottle of sweet red wine that I enjoyed over our homemade steak dinner helped.

But really, it was so so funny. I am not sure what kind of person it makes me to enjoy his humor. It is so wrong on so many levels but if I had room to roll on the floor I would have.

No joke.


Peanut Butter Banana Bread

From Cookinglight.com

Ingredients:

Bread:
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Cooking spray

Glaze:
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare bread, combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until blended.

Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.

To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over bread.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...