Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola


I'm baaaack!!

Well sorta...it is reaching the end of the quarter aka super-stressful-crazy-busy-time.

My vacation=lovely. For 4 days I ate, drank and floated on a lake with some of my favorite people. We literally ate every 20 minutes and burned I'm guessing 0 calories.

But thats what vacation is for. Getting fat. And not caring about it.

Of course now this week its all about fruits, vegetables and a lot of time at the gym. But it's worth it.

Am I right or am I right?


If anyone actually consistently reads this silly blog then you have probably discovered I like to make up granola. It's easy and fun. And I love greek yogurt so it works for me.


I dont know where I got the idea for this, but it came to me and I tried it. It's not too "jelly-y" (yeah, I make up words). I personally like my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with extra peanut butter. But to each their own...play around with this recipe to your liking.

I'm allowing it :)


Peanut Buter and Jelly Granola
Dame Good

Ingredients:

5 1/4 cups oats
1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar-free jelly
2 tablespoons canola ol
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 tablespoons flax seeds

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Heat peanut butter in microwave for 30 secons. Stir and heat again for 15 seconds.

Combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ and flax seeds in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine peanut butter canola oil and honey. Mix well. Stir in the jelly just a tad (don't overstir, you want the peanut butter and jelly to be somewhat separate).

Place the granola on a sprayed baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan and stir the granola, rotate the pan and bake again for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

PB& J Granola, now that is genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...