Thursday, April 7, 2011

Funfetti Treats




I am so delighted to see that the blog world has gone cake batter crazy! Batter has always been my favorite part of baking (yes, I have a chronic bowl-licking illness) and I love that everyone is coming up with fun recipes that incorporate cake batter. Google it, its everywhere.

These are from my blog idol. She has done quite a few interesting things with cake batter, all of which I love. I am excited to try more because I loved this. These lasted about 12 hours in my house. That's all I'm going to say...

Oh, and sprinkles belong in everything.

The end.

Funfetti Treats
Adapted from Howsweeteats.com

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup funfetti cake mix (dry)
6 cups crisp rice cereal
1 10-oz bag miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup sprinkles (jimmies or non-pariels, or a combination like I did :))

Directions:

Spray a large bowl with cooking spray (as well as the spatula or spoon you plan to use). Put the cereal and 3 tablespoons of the sprinkles in the bowl and mix up.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat. When the butter is melted add the marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are about 3/4 melted (I prefer not to melt mine all the way so there are chunks of marshmallows in the treats). Slowly add the cake mix and stir until combined.

Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and sprinkles and stir until combined. Press into a greased 9x13 baking dish (or an 8x8 if you want thicker bars). Top the bars with remaining sprinkles.

Let cool for about an hour (to speed up the process, put them in the refrigerator). Cut into squares with a knife. Dig in!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...