Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Granola





I don't know what it is lately but I have been all about the cinnamon roll. I have always loved them...but lately I have been going a little cinnamon crazy.

I've made cinnamon roll bread...cinnamon coffee cake and this cinnamon roll granola that I came up with.

I saw these cinnabon nuts at the store that I had origionally bought for Shawn. Then I had an intriguing thought...I could totally use these nuts in a granola...

I tried it out and loved it...its delish. Not the most healthy way to start your morning but when it comes to cinnamon rolls...screw healthy (though I do have a lighter version I plant to try soon...only so I can eat 5 and only feel half as guilty).

You should make this...

Now.

You're gonna love the way your house smells. Trust me.

Cinnamon Roll Granola
Dame Good

Ingredients:

4 oz Cinnabon almonds, chopped (found in the nut/snack aisle)
3 oz Cinnabon cashews, chopped (found in the nut/snack aisle)
1 tablespoon skim milk
1/2 tablespoon margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups oats
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine milk, margarine, vanilla and powdered sugar to make icing. Stir until mixed. In a large bowl mix the oats, oil, cinnamon and 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of the icing mixture (reserve 2 tablespoons to drizzle over granola later).

Spread granola evenly on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir granola again, then sprinkle with nuts and brown sugar. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.

After 30 total minutes, remove granola and drizzle with the reserved icing mixture. Allow to cool 15 minutes. Store in airtight containters.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Healthy or not - I am making this granola as soon as possible! YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...