Monday, October 25, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Burgers





I was having a crazy moment, most likely daydreaming about my love of buffalo-flavored anything, when I decided to make up a recipe. Most of the time I adapt recipes to my liking or use one as inspiration and put my own twist on it or come up with a great idea and google similar recipes to guide me through my own. But I decided I wanted to make a buffalo chicken burger, without the help of any other recipes or people...except for Shawn. I forced Shawn to help me so that if they were bad I could blame him.

Thankfully, they were nothing short of awesome. Shawn did the grilling because I'm not too good with knowing when meat is done and he did great. Theres nothing sexier than a man working a grill and knowing how to handle his food. Needless to say this was a well-done team effort.

If you're obsessed with buffalo like Shawn and I, check out this yummy dip and this amazing mac and cheese. These recipes DO NOT disappoint.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Dame Good

Ingredients:

Sauce:
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup celery, chopped (use food processor for smaller pieces)
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Franks Hot Buffalo. If you don't like heat as much as I do I would reduce this a bit)
1/2 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup chopped onion
salt, pepper to taste

Burgers:
2 lb ground chicken
1 (1 oz) pack dry ranch seasoning
1/2 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup hot sauce (Franks Hot Buffalo)
1/2 cup celery, chopped (use food processor for smaller pieces)
salt, pepper to taste

1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (or whatever is remaining)
8 whole wheat buns
condiments/toppings of choice (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles etc...)

Directions:

Preheat indoor/outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Spray or oil the grill. Mix all of the burger ingredients (chicken, ranch, blue cheese, hot sauce, celery, salt and pepper) and form meat mixture into 6-8 patties.

Cook the burgers about 5-8 minutes on each side. While burgers are grilling, assemble the sauce by mxing all of the sauce ingredients (sour cream, buttermilk, worcestershire, celery, hot sauce, blue cheese, onion salt and pepper).

Assemble burgers to your liking. We put down lettuce, then the burger, then topped the burger with blue cheese crumbles, a dallop of the sauce and tomatoes. We ate them on whole wheat buns.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...