Friday, October 15, 2010

Beef Cookies: Dog Treats!





I try to make Kirby dog treats every other week or so. Not only is it better for them but its soooo much cheaper. There are tons and tons of easy dog treat recipes online. Whats great is you can just throw everything together and your pup will still love them. I love making him treats when I'm in the mood to bake but my body is telling me "no, no I don't think so".

*Fun facts about Kirby...he chases his own tail in circles until he gets so dizzy he falls. He snores really loud. His gives away free kisses (whether you want them or not) :)

Beef Cookies
From Unknown

Ingredients:

1/2 cups cornmeal
6 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
2/3 cups beef broth
2 cups whole wheat flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all ingredients together. Knead the dough until mixed thoroughly. Roll out to desired thickness (about 1/4-1/2 an inch). Use cookie cutters to shape. Bake for about 25-30 minutes. *I like to bake them for 30 minutes, turn the oven off and leave the treats in the oven for about 15-20 minutes so that they dry out and are hard cookies.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...