Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes






I hate to do this to you. I really have no intention of torturing my fellow readers. So unless you are a masochist (Rihanna anyone?) you should probably discontinue reading this post.

If you are one who tends to torture yourself with things that are so unbelievably good that they can't possibly be good for you then read on my friend.

This might be the best breakfast I have ever had.

I literally took 45 minutes to eat it because I didn't want the experience to end...Seriously, it's that good.

Shawn said it was like eating dessert for breakfast. Aka my ideal breakfast.

Make this tomorrow morning. Sorry I had to do this to you...but you're welcome.

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Adaped from bakedbree.com

Ingredients:

Pancakes:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 tablespoons splenda/sugar blend (found in baking aisle)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup skim milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Icing:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 tablespoon skim milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Directions:

Pancakes:
In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, beat the wet ingredients together. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Preheat a pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour desired amount of batter onto the pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown.

Icing:
Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and all lumps are gone and it reaches desired consistency. If it is too runny add more sugar, if it is too thick add milk.

Drizzle icing on pancakes and serve warm.

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Just Us said...

These sound amazing! You have some awesome looking and sounding food on your blog!
I also had to check out your pug...so so cute! How old is yours? Mine just turned 13. Pugs are the greatest dogs...they have the best personality.

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

He's a year old...such a clown but a stubborn little guy! I have some dog goodie posts on here and I usually put some pictures of him being spoiled there haha :)

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

These look amazing and somewhat on the healthy side! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...