Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winter Wonderland Sugar Cookies









I am so incredibly excited by this shift in weather. I was able to go outside today without a jacket no problem. For those of you who live in states where your sunshine is loyal to you, you have no idea what I am talking about. But here in Ohio you can never count on what the weather will be like. You always have to leave the house in a bikini, rain boots and a parka...its insane...

no joke...

I am writing this blog with the window open and the breeze flowing and I am loving it. I hate winter...I love the snow for about 2 weeks and then I spend the rest of the season in hibernation cursing mother nature.

Back when the ground was covered in snow and the wind was blistering cold I lost my car keys...remember my long drawn out stressful post? Yeah, back then. Two of my classmates were nice enough to help me search out in that horrible weather so I owed them....big time...

One of them requested sugar cookies but I wanted to make them special by rolling them around in pretty sanding sugar for some sparkle and shine. The winter weather inspired me so I went for blue and clear. Of course you can do these with any colors for any occasion...

I post this in hopes of kissing winter goodbye soon and welcoming my second favorite season...crossing my fingers...

Though I still have an unbrella, scarf and flip flops packed for tomorrow ;)

Winter Wonderland Sugar Cookies
Adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup colored sanding sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, roll the balls in sanding sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Push the tops down just a tad so they spread nicely.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...