Monday, July 2, 2012

Birthday Cake Batter Oreo Pudding

It amazes me how easy it is to take things in life for granted.

A couple nights ago, some crazy wind/thunderstorms whipped through and caused hundreds of thousands in the area to lose power.

Some people are without power for days. I lost mine for approximately 20 minutes and thought I was going to die.
What on earth did they do before there was electricity? I mean really?!

Things like electricity, having a car and warm water are so second-nature to us now that when we lose it we have panic attacks.

It is a little bit sad. We all need to appreciate the little things in life more.

When I say "we" I definitely mean "I". As soon as the lights snapped off and the air conditioner stopped humming my heart dropped into my belly and I developed a nervous sweat. I immediately thought "OMG I am going to die...this is it". 

Then ten minutes later it was "OMG I am so bored, there is no purpose for life without electricity". 

Yes. It is sad. 

I wouldn't make it an hour in the wilderness.

I have a new and much stronger respect for you "man that 127 hours movie is about".

You're a super hero.

In sticking with the "simple things" theme...which I think I touch on a lot. I simplified one of my favorite new "Dame Good Recipes" for those who don't want to go through all the steps.

Anyone want to make that Birthday Cake Batter Oreo Cake? Feeling too lazy? Try this.


Birthday Cake Batter Oreo Pudding
Dame Good

Makes close to 3 cups

Ingredients:

1 (1 oz) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup yellow cake mix (dry)
1/3 cup jimmies (sprinkles)
6 oreo cookies, crushed (birthday cake oreos if you have them)

Directions:

In a medium-sized bowl mix the pudding mix and milk. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Add the cake mix and stir until combined. Add the oreos and sprinkles, stir just until incorporated. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...