Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies





For those of you who have not tried nutella, you are crazy and missing out on one of the best things ever made. I love having a piece of peanut butter toast topped with nutella or dipping pretzels in it. It is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is just divine! I saw this recipe and knew I just HAD to make them! These are pretty chewy so if you don't like chewy cookies, perhaps they are not for you. If you cook them a little too long they become crunchy so be careful, it happens quickly!

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
From lovintheoven.com

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temp.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.

Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.

Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.

Chill for at least 1 hour.

Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.

Since finally living alone I have been able to destroy the kitchen with no guilt and bake and cook even more so I have plenty of posts coming up...I am going to try my best to post them but I will be rather busy. Tomorrow morning I am heading up to Minnesota to see my dad, him and his side of the family live up there and I miss them tons. We're going to eat good German food and celebrate my graduation :) The following week, I start up classes again...so this shall be a challenge, but I can do it...

COMING SOON!
Chunky Guacamole with Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
Lightened Buffalo Chicken Dip
Lemon Blossoms
S'more Cookie Bars
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
Dog Treats


Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...