Saturday, June 19, 2010

Homemade Chipotle Ranch on My Pretty Rainbow Salad








Last week I ate a LOT of salad and experimented with throwing all kinds of crap in them. I couldn't even tell you half of what is in this salad except that I topped them with buffalo wing pretzels and it was sooooo good! I am not afraid to do weird things to my food, you never know what might work. I think there are tomatos and peppers in there as well as long as whatever else I could find in my kitchen :)

Anyways, I am a huge fan of making my own dressing..its easy, cheap and has waaaay less sodium and crap than the storebought stuff. I was inspired to make a ranch based off of Ellie Kriegers recipe on Foodnetwork.com. I put my own little twists on it to satisfy my personal taste buds.

Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing

Ingredients:

1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, or 1/3 cup nonfat Greek style yogurt
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
1/2 tablespoon dry parsely
1/2 tablespoon dry cilantro
2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
equal pinches of cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika
Salt

Directions:

If using plain yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with a paper towel and place the strainer over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain and thicken for 20 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine the strained or Greek-style yogurt and the rest of the ingredients. Add salt, to taste.






Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

Wow! Way to go! I am totally impressed that you made your own dressing! I've never imagined even doing this! I might have to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...