Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grilled Salmon with a Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze




I am a huge fan of Bobby Flay. He is definitely one of my favorite celebrity chefs. His southwest cooking style suits my personal tastebuds very well. Not only that but he's a grilling man and there is nothing I find more sexy than a man working a grill...(one who knows what he's doing at that) :) I don't get a chance to make much of Bobby Flays food but I took advantage when I had some salmon in the freezer. I actually have a go-to grilled salmon recipe that is an asian bbq grilled salmon recipe that is phenomenal but I wanted to try something new. I did a quick search on Foodnetwork.com and found a yummy recipe by none other than Bobby Flay. This was easy and delicous. It was pretty sweet but not too sweet in my opionin.Yummy!

Grilled Salmon with a Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze

Ingredients:

Salmon:
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each

Directions:

On the side burner, melt the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let cool.

Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salmon skin side down on the grill. Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...