Sunday, April 29, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I have fallen off the radar yet again.

I don't want to neglect the blog but sometimes I have no choice.

Life sure has kept me busy.

I have been training for a new job that is actually in my career field (exciting!) My newest "internship" has kept me quite busy. Not to mention this is my last quarter of college ever (Dear God I hope so. 6 years is far too much).
It's been a good kind of busy.

I've been working hard.

In fact, one thing that I have been devoting so much time to is an assignment where we had to interpret a song. I, of course, go and pick a really hard song because I wanted a challenge. Challenge it was. Indeed.

Everyone and their mother has seen it now so I suppose I can share it here...this is proof that I have been busy!

It is not perfect. It is far from perfect. But I am proud that I was able to stand up there without fainting from nervousness...

Me interpreting "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem...eek!

Please don't laugh :/

Anyways. Food. Here's some!
Breakfast Casserole
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

1 pound ground turkey sausage
1 teaspoon mustard powder
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups skim milk
6 slices wheat bread, toasted and cut into cubes
8 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small onion, chopped salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (optional)

 Directions:

Crumble sausage into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain. Add onions to the pan and cook about 5 minutes.

In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, onion, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.

Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.

Top with green onions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...