Monday, August 9, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus



I love hummus! It is very rare that I leave the grocery store without some roasted garlic hummus and lightly salted pita chips. I go to town with those two. I had never even thought about making my own until I was browsing online for ways to use these extra peppers I had and found this roasted red bell pepper hummus. I thought it was delicious. I had some other extra veggies too and bought some whole grain pita pockets and stuffed them with this spicy hummus, tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers. It not only tasted great but felt great in that its virtually guilt-free. The only thing I should warn people about with this hummus is not to plan on smooching anytime after eating it :)

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Adapted from Foodnetwork.com

Ingredients:

16 ounces chickpeas
6 ounces roasted red bell peppers
1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2  teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:

Mix all ingredients, except olive oil, in food processor until pureed, then slowly add in olive oil.

Let set up for 1 hour prior to serving.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Taylor said...

This looks awesome....I love all of the spices in it!

Unknown said...

I love hummus! My favorite at the moment is caramelised onion hummus, its so so good x

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

Taylor: thanks! if you like spicy food its sooo good

How To Be Perfect: that...sounds...amaaaaazing! I love carmelized onions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...