Friday, July 9, 2010

Whole Wheat Peach Muffins




Shawn was leaving for the road again with his friend/co-worker Anthony. I wanted to make them a little something for the long drive. Seeing as to how I have to eat whatever I make, I wanted to make something healthy(ish)...These muffins turned out okay...I changed up the recipe to include wheat flour and I think I messed up the whole wheat/all-purpose flour ratio. They were just a little too dense and somewhat bland (sorry boys!) These muffins have great potential, so I think with the right tweaks they will be wonderful. Peaches are my favorite fruit so I will be sure to try these again with the following recipe...

Whole Wheat Peach Muffins
Adapted from Tasteofhome.com

Ingredients:

1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar

Directions:

In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Stir in the peaches.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a pinch or two of the dark brown sugar. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I wish I could find more muffin recipes that use butter instead of oil. I think that's what causes a lot of the flavorlessness (is that a word??). They look yummy tho! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...